Greenbrier Recycling Center
450 Monroe Ave.
Office Manager: Todd Riggs
E-mail - email@example.com
GREENBRIER RECYCLING CENTER
Provides educational programs to schools and area civic organizations. We are here to work with you to protect our environment.
Our office is open daily Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM AM. Our recycling bins are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.
If you have questions regarding products that may be recycled, please contact us. We are here to help you provide a cleaner, greener tomorrow for future generations and ourselves.
As a state we dispose of nearly 2 million tons of municipal soild waste annually. This means that each of us generates an average of 4 pounds of waste per day. About 90% of this is buried in landfills across the state. Yet, nearly half of our household trash is recyclable.
Recycling protects our environment !
- Conserves Natural Resources and reduces the demand for foreign and demestic materials.
- Conserves Landfill Space by reducing the amount of municipal solid waste.
- Conserves Energy otherwise used in the securing, transporting and manufacturing of products made from primarily raw materials
- Generates Revenues by selling many recyclables previously buried or burned.
Did you know that...
REDUCE! REUSE! RECYCLE!
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run your computer for 3 hours.
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to keep a 100-watt light bulb burning for 3 hours.
- Recycling aluminum scrap saves 95% of the energy that would be required to make new aluminum from ore.
- If you throw an aluminum can out of your car window, it will still litter the earth up to 500 years.
- Over a billion trees are used to make disposable diapers every year.
- Recycling a stack of newspaper 10ft tall saves one whole tree.
- Recycling all copies of one Sunday edition of the New York Times could leave 75,000 trees standing.
- It takes one 15-20 year old tree to produce enough paper for only 700 grocery bags.
- Recycling five two-liter bottles can produce enough fiberfill to make a man's small ski jacket. Recycling 36 bottles can fill a sleeping bag!
- More than 50% of the carpet fiber manufactured in the USA has two-liter bottle content.
- Recycling steel cans saves 74% of the energy that would be used to produce them from virgin materials.
- Buying one 16 oz. Can instead of two 8 oz. Cans conserves 40% less energy.
- As a state we dispose of more than 1.5 million tons of municipal solid waste annually.
- The penalty for littering can be as much as $25,000.
PLEASE DONT LITTER!!
Free counters provided by Andale.
Page Design By: Bob Bennett: firstname.lastname@example.org